Fronts

LP it's a bit off-topic but do you clicker train your kitty too? I do too. Have you tried targetting with your kitty? A whole other thread really but I'd love to know how others compare training their cats to their dogs this way. My cat is funny - she is good but SLOW. The thing is, she thinks she's really FANTASTIC. It's hilarious... she's been watching the dog too long, I think! :laugh:

Thanks BC lover - but as I said - this is my original method but unfortunately doesn't work for K. Apparently keeping my hands still works much better??? She would either ram me of rock back and sit too far away with the hand movement :p.

LP it's a bit off-topic but do you clicker train your kitty too? I do too. Have you tried targetting with your kitty? A whole other thread really but I'd love to know how others compare training their cats to their dogs this way. My cat is funny - she is good but SLOW. The thing is, she thinks she's really FANTASTIC. It's hilarious... she's been watching the dog too long, I think! :laugh:

Yeah- i've done a little bit of work with him - targeting is our next thing - I usually am too stuffed to train ANYTHING at the moment (which is why i'm in awe that Leo has done so well as since winter has kicked in, training has kicked out!). Monty is quite good - he is a food hog and is pretty good at luring but is great on the clicker :D... it is fun and gives you a new perspective -there are sooo many more things you can get away with a dog for!

LP, I think I know what you mean by the "poking" (LOL).....my boy Bobbie does that and a few of his litter mates have the habit too.........I think it's genetic (?)

I know Leo is related....but what about Kinta? Is she related to spotlight?

If she is .......well there's your answer to the poking...it's a family thing :(

Edited by Tapferhund

LP, I think I know what you mean by the "poking" (LOL).....my boy Bobbie does that and a few of his litter mates have the habit too.........I think it's genetic (?)

I know Leo is related....but what about Kinta? Is she related to spotlight?

If she is .......well there's your answer to the poking...it's a family thing :)

Awww - don't tell me that TH - you mean it's 'in the family' :( She is related to Spotlight.... umm.... Great grandmother or something??? LOL - gets too hard to keep track sometimes :rolleyes:. Kinta is Leo's niece :rolleyes:

I'm glad leo didn't take that 'genetic trait' though :)! Kinta does it with purpose!

Brock doesn't poke but I have noticed that he 'touches' my hands alot. Might be something that I get pinged for in the ring. I did get accused of having food in my hand in class once because he was touching, when I didn't. Touching or targeting my hand was a trick I taught him. Think this is the thing that makes trialling/training so interesting though, it is a constant work in progress.