Food Refusal

After learning how she trains it and it looked so easy (cough cough) I would do DR too. That is if I ever get my dog at trialling level.

I just had a disaster of a training session.......sigh

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know how she trains it in that she showed me what I need to do from where we were at but my dog STILL doesn't get it :rofl: . I know do you want to borrow her and have a shot LOL.

On the other hand I found out that my heelwork which I thought was crap really isn't quite as bad as I had been making out. Amazing what a slight shift in criteria can do to making it look better than it was. I was trying to get a shoulder target (Ness's shoulder) but she couldn't do that however if I make the criteria x cm away from my leg she seems to get that strangely enough :) . Now to work on our about turns. Thats this afternoon's experiment and a shot at scent discrimination to see if we are still fine with that.

ETA What went so wrong in your training session that it was a disaster????

Edited by ness

A nieghbour walked over to admire her and she fell to pieces, that is her style. She is very timid, very very very timid. I think she needs a personality transplant.

Lucky I seem to love challenges. :)

retrieve and gundog go hand in hand my gsp would fetch a sausage and would fetach an egg without marking them she could also do retrieve over the jump for either retrieving was her first love even thugh she was a piglet lol

after my first dog i was really into trialling and i wanted a dog that would be great at ud and be capable of high scores so i went straight to the gundog group i know bc's and gsd's do very well but that natural deisre to retrieve makes yur job so easy

Oh bummer. Yes Ness seems to draw a crowd when we train but lucky she doesn't fall apart. The other day we were at the park and some toddler kept picking up the gloves as I was attempting to throw them out ROFL. We always get comments when I asked her to do stuff. Especially when we are out practising tricks for our freestyle routines.

Edited by ness