Ndtf Distance Course

Hi Everyone,

well, I just got back from Melbourne last night from my first block training session for the NDTF Certificate III in Dog Behaviour and Training. And it was awesome. It was very full-on, I learnt SO much, and I had a great time while I was there.

Horus was in the same block session, and got to meet Haven and Herr_Rottweiller. :p

It was SO good, I just cant say that enough! The instructors are great, they make the material and they also have fun with the students.

Well done to the NDTF, I just cant wait to attend my next block session!!

Well I didnt have much of a chance to take photos, as I was usually too busy. But I managed to take a few. Here are some of the cute doggies that were there. We handled SO many different dogs!

Snoopy1.jpgRubythedobexrottie.jpgHoneythespoodle2.jpgGeorge7.jpgEllie.jpgBlade4.jpgArchie2.jpg

Edited by jbbb

OOOOOOOh, I have been waiting for you guys to report back :D Sounds great, more info............. :)

Winterpaws and I start the course next month , we will be doing our first block training in September :D

Myszka, I wish you could have done it with me too! :D

Ohhh Gillbear, you and Winterpaws are going to love this course! It is very full-on, so make sure you have your thinking caps on! It has really clarified some things in my mind, and made me so enthusiastic about getting out there and training! I have already started on working on some new stuff with Flame.... :D

did you guys take your own dogs up there at all?!!

What a herding workshop :D - we never got that :D!!!

Ooh - I know where you went - lol - you were at myuna farm :)!

Great pics - who's the choc lab?

Glad you had a great time - I heard it was very full-on :rofl:

Squeak, we are currently working on bowing. We've had 2 sessions so far and she's pretty much got it. Smart doggie she is! We have also worked out giving me focus (I had tried to work on this previously but I didnt know how to do it properly :laugh:). And she's also now getting the release command.

Leopuppy - I didnt take Flame, and infact only one person took their own dog. It was more a herding demo than a workshop, but we got info on how it was done etc.

The choc lab was my favorite dog. I wanted to take him home. Nearly cried when I had to leave him. :eek:

Squeak, we are currently working on bowing. We've had 2 sessions so far and she's pretty much got it. Smart doggie she is! We have also worked out giving me focus (I had tried to work on this previously but I didnt know how to do it properly :laugh:). And she's also now getting the release command.

Leopuppy - I didnt take Flame, and infact only one person took their own dog. It was more a herding demo than a workshop, but we got info on how it was done etc.

The choc lab was my favorite dog. I wanted to take him home. Nearly cried when I had to leave him. :eek:

Thanks for that. Is that dally Roxy??? I don't think that we covered focus as such... any chance you care to share???

You guys are so enthusiastic !!!! Makes me wish I was doing the course all over again!! :rofl::laugh:

It's great you are having a great time with it and by the sounds of it, getting so much from it. Keep up the good work. :eek:

Squeak, no that's not Roxy.

Okay, focus - I get Flame to sit infront of me and when she looks at me (as opposed to the treat bag!) she gets a 'Yes' and a treat. So now she's following me around and staring at me constantly! :thumbsup:

Thanks for that. Is that dally Roxy???

The Dally is my girl, Ellie. I was the only silly one who took dogs :thumbsup:

As jbbb said, the course is awesome, I just hope that I can retain all of the information we were given and understand my (quickly written) notes :thumbsup: