One Meal A Day Vs 2 Meals A Day

Ok I know I said before mine are feed twice a day, but now like you Samoyed Man, my pup is not too fussed on her morning meal. Ravenous at any other time, but disinterested in the first meal. THere you go, I may have to modify her set meal and see how she goes on one!

ETA - she just started in about the last week to do this:confused:

Edited by Emmala

Twice a day in my house for a few reasons

1) barrel chested

2) I would hate to go 24 hours between feeds

Main meal gets feed in the morning so they have a better chance of working it off during the day LOL

I AM AT WORK DURING THE DAY TIME SO I LET MY LITTLE SHISTZU X GRAZE ON BISCUITS ALL DAY IS THAT BAD??

I am not a fan of "free feeding".

It does not stand you in good stead for when you wish to utilise treats for training.

It isn't natural for dogs to have a permanent supply of food available to them.

ETA: Leni .... take your caps lock off when you type. Typing in capital letters is akin to yelling, when it comes to internet communication. :)

Edited by Erny

Mine are usually fed three times a day. During the week they get a bone or lambs neck or chicken carcass or wings in the morning. I come home at lunch time and let them out to have a run and when they go back into their runs they get either a pigs ear, some chicken necks or some kind of treats. Then they get their mince and veg or biscuits and fish in the evening.