Will His Fur Grow Back

Mina

We have a male Stafford who has been undergoing treatment for his mange. It seems to have cleared up except his fur is taking AGES to grow back. I am wondering if there is anything I could use to speed up his fur growth. Or would it not grow back due to the scar tissue?

Bronson has now found a home (Well in 4 weeks time) and would really love for him to have his back with fur before his family take him on....

Any ideas or suggestion please? I am still bathing him with Pyohex 2x a week but we have stopped giving him his Ivemectin.

This is what he has like when we took him on and one of what he looks like now.

post-1627-1188791290_thumb.jpg

post-1627-1188791350_thumb.jpg

wow he has already come a huge way.... you should be proud of how far he has come. my dad has suggested paw paw ointment will help it re grow as well, i am fortunate i have never seen this before but he has and said even if the paw paw doens't help the hair it will help the skin from drying out and make the dog less likely to be iritated.

Wow, Ruby looks great, you have done well. What did you do exactly for her to make it grow back so quickly. We have had Bronson much longer than you have had Ruby in your care but its taking soooo much longer.

I will give the Paw paw ointment a try, I do have a spare tub of it which I hardly use in the house

she was oral ivermectin for 1 week plus malaseb baths every second day. then she got ivermectin shots every week for about 6 weeks and the malaseb baths got less and less. she had a course of anti biotics cause her lymph nodes where up and i washed her once in a demodex rinse. and thats it!